Multiple requests per connection

Jonathan

Aug 6, 2010, 10:41:53 AM8/6/10
to BERT-RPC
Hi All,

Is there something going on on this list? :-) seems quite empty
lately.

Anyway, there is my question: Are requests in BERT-RPC synchronous
mode supposed to wait until the reply of the previous one is received?
As of now, is doesn't seem possible to know to which request a
response belongs.

I'm writing a client for twisted [1], and its asynchronous nature
allows multiple requests to overlap themselves; I see only two
solutions to the problem:

1) Use one TCP connection per request, or:
2) Always use asynchronous requests while providing a callback to the
client with an additional "request ID" parameter (and this would mean
that the client as to be a server too).

Are there other ideas I should consider? Otherwise I think I'll go for
the second option: this would allow a BERT-RPC implementation to work
over AMQP (see txAMQP [2] which uses thrift instead) and achieve
something like this [3].

Cheers,
~Jonathan

[1]: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/