HTTP Redirects

tlhw....@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2013, 3:23:39 PM3/20/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I've searched and it seems that it's impossible but I wanted to ask anyway - just to be 100% sure. I want to embed Berkelium to a project of mine. I need it to display an webpage which - after interacting with user - would send POST form to a server which would send an HTTP/302 redirect which I'd like to catch and stop furter loading - I just need URL where redirect would lead. I hoped that onNagivationRequest would do what I need. However - to my surprise - it didn't. Since from information I've found seems that it won't work, I'd like to ask (as I've said) to be sure. Is it possible to catch redirects (in websites that I can't change) in Berkelium? If so - how?

Thank you in advance.

Ewen Cheslack-Postava

Mar 20, 2013, 4:57:14 PM3/20/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure you're correct, it can't currently be done. The
redirects happen within webkit and are not exposed through the
chromium renderer interface, except maybe as events you can see after
the fact (to track history). See this previous discussion:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/berkelium/HCecf3vKF4k/mz8Vg8kZHPEJ

-Ewen