Berkelium chrome://net-internals

JB

Nov 21, 2012, 4:35:23 AM11/21/12
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to flush the DNS Cache between two pages refresh.
From Chromium I just need to go to chrome://net-internals#dns and click the button to delete the cache (or execute a Javascript command).

I have integrated Berkelium in my Ogre project following the berkelium/ogre tutorial and everything works fine except the chrome:// protocol.
If I type for example http://google.com, I get to Google home page but if I type chrome://net-internals (or any other chrome:// command), berkelium shows the page :
This Web Page is not found
No webpage was found for the address chrome://...
Error 6 (net::ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)

I'm using the function navigateTo(url, len(url)).
Do you know how I could display the chrome://net-internals or any chrome:// file ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
JB

Romain Pironneau

Nov 21, 2012, 6:45:03 AM11/21/12
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Just throwing hypothesis here, don't really have time to deep into the code...
  • Did this feature exist on Chrome11?
  • Maybe you can just clear the cache files in the home directory specified when initializing Berkelium and it'll clear the DNS cache...
chrome://settings/ seems to open something...
--
- Romain

JB

Nov 23, 2012, 5:02:42 AM11/23/12
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Romain,

Thanks for the answer.
The feature exist on Chrome 11. Actually when I launch Chrome11 or Berkelium executable file, I can access the chrome://net-internals page but when I use the liblibberkelium.so library file in another project I can't access this page anymore. The same for chrome://settings.

I tried to delete the cache files but it didn't change anything.

Thanks,
JB

Romain Pironneau

Nov 23, 2012, 6:12:55 AM11/23/12
to berk...@googlegroups.com
If you have the time to dive into chromium code you should be able to find the function that is called when you clear the DNS cache through chrome://net-internals

You should then be able to expose that function to Berkelium and call it from within your program whenever you feel like it.
--
- Romain

JB

Nov 23, 2012, 6:37:17 AM11/23/12
to berk...@googlegroups.com
I think I'm going to do that and post the solution if I find it.
Thanks
JB