Maven repository error

yuriy

Jun 16, 2013, 4:07:31 AM6/16/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I try to use the berkelium via maven for the first time.

I used the declarations in the pom.xml:

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.berkelium.java</groupId>
        <artifactId>berkelium-java</artifactId>
        <version>0.9.4</version>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>
<repositories>
    <repository>
        <id>berkelium.t0c.de</id>
        <url>http://berkelium.t0c.de/maven</url>
    </repository>
</repositories>

It seems that he try to find the berkelium-java-0.9.4.pom
Downloading: http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/berkelium/java/berkelium/0.9.4/berkelium-0.9.4.pom
And I get an error:
Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.berkelium.java:berkelium-java:jar:0.9.4: Could not transfer artifact org.berkelium.java:berkelium:pom:0.9.4 from/to central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2): Not authorized, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized.
As i see in the URL: http://berkelium.t0c.de/maven/org/berkelium/java/ - there is no berkelium directory and the
berkelium-java-0.9.4.pom try to find the parent:
<parent>
	<groupId>org.berkelium.java</groupId>
	<artifactId>berkelium</artifactId>
        <version>0.9.4</version>
</parent>

Can anyone knows what can be the problem?

Thanks,
Yuri Y

djan riza

Jun 16, 2013, 7:17:32 AM6/16/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I came with that problem too. The whole structure is wrong. What I did is that I made a new pom with the same artifact as the berkelium's base one that is not in the repository. This downloaded some of the jars but was unable to get one of the other dependencies. For this one I used a download plugin for maven and downloaded it with that. This worked for me and it was very dirty workaround. Unfortunately I don't have the code right now to show you.

Regards

Dennis Rieks

Jun 16, 2013, 10:11:41 AM6/16/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it is some time ago that I last used this pom. I always used a self build version. If you can send me your fixed pom version I will upload it and replace the wrong version.

Regards
Dennis

djan riza

Jun 17, 2013, 1:34:11 AM6/17/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I can't find the source unfortunately. But I believe the was that I made a pom which has the parent artifactId and name as the berkelium's parent pom. In this way it will install it on your local repo and will not make request to get it from the remote one. This downloaded some of the dependencies. I think the win32 runtime was unable to download so I used a downloader plugin and installed it this way. It's very ugly but I had to make it to build with maven so this was the only option for then. I had lots of headache by then.