Looking for Berkelium linux64 binaries

Anton Yemelyanov

Jan 16, 2013, 1:22:13 AM1/16/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has pre-built berkelium binaries.  I am running under Ubuntu 64.

Ewen, are these the latest?  https://github.com/sirikata/berkelium/downloads  they look somewhat outdated...

Many Thanks,

Anton

Ewen Cheslack-Postava

Jan 16, 2013, 2:05:21 AM1/16/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
I've never generated binaries at all -- I think those uploads are all
Patrick's doing. Those are most definitely out of date -- the current
branch is chromium11 (itself very out of date with the current
Chromium code) and the most recent Linux release there is for
chromium8.

Unless you don't have a machine that can build Chromium (linking can
become painful with < 3GB or so of RAM), there isn't much point in
generating binaries because the build process is well scripted on
Linux and Mac. It looks like the install setup in CMakeLists.txt is
fine, so building a package just using make install and tar'ing up the
result may work, but I haven't tested it. If building it yourself
isn't an option, I might be able to look into that later this week.

As an aside, GitHub is discontinuing uploads
(https://github.com/blog/1302-goodbye-uploads), so that link will be
invalid in a couple of months. Although they likely shouldn't be used
anymore, I'll mirror the data at these links in case anyone needs
them:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sirikata/berkelium/berkelium-win32-beta-2011-04-29.7z
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sirikata/berkelium/berkelium-linux32-2010-11-02.7z
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sirikata/berkelium/berkelium-linux64-2010-11-02.7z
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sirikata/berkelium/berkelium-mac-2010-10-31.tgz
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sirikata/berkelium/berkelium-win32-2010-10-31.7z
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sirikata/berkelium/berkelium-win32-beta-2010-10-26.7z
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sirikata/berkelium/berkelium-mac-beta-2010-08-09.tgz
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sirikata/berkelium/berkelium-linux-beta-2010-08-09.7z
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sirikata/berkelium/berkelium-win32-beta-2010-08-01.7z
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sirikata/berkelium/berkelium-mac-beta-2010-07-19.tgz
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sirikata/berkelium/berkelium-linux-beta-2010-07-19.7z
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sirikata/berkelium/berkelium_49000_vc9_2010-06-20.7z

-Ewen

Anton Yemelyanov

Jan 16, 2013, 2:18:47 AM1/16/13
to berkelium
So these binaries listed are NOT chrome 11 branch, correct?

Anton

Ewen Cheslack-Postava

Jan 16, 2013, 2:21:46 AM1/16/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Correct, they are not Chromium 11. Each download should be labeled
with a version number which corresponds to the Chromium version, e.g.
the first one, "berkelium-linux32-2010-11-02.7z — Berkelium 8.0.552.23
for Linux 32", the 8.0.552.23 corresponds to the Chromium version
used. The only Chromium11 one is for windows, and even that one is not
up to date with the most recent code.

-Ewen

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 11:18 PM, Anton Yemelyanov

Dennis Rieks

Jan 16, 2013, 6:15:16 AM1/16/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you can try this berkelium linux64 download:

(I have build them for Ubuntu 10.04 32/64 and win32)

Dennis