crash with embedded berkelium

Luca Vezzadini

Apr 11, 2013, 11:26:18 AM4/11/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I am testing Berkelium, trying to embed it in my app; I'm on Windows7
64bit. While it works on many web sites that I have tried, there is a
URL that causes a crash; that is: http://www.cite-sciences.fr/
You can reproduce it also with the glut_demo (just run "glut_demo
http://www.cite-sciences.fr/"), so at least I know that it does not come
from my code...

I have no debug set up here; is there anyone that could have a quick
look at that URL in debug mode, to check what the cause could be?

Thanks a bunch.

Luca

Luca Vezzadini

Apr 29, 2013, 7:33:29 AM4/29/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to keep on bugging on this...

Did anybody have a chance to give it a try? I keep on getting crashes, especially on sites that seem to be very dynamic. Another one to try: http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo/torino
Note that the crash happens after a few seconds, not immediately, so the page starts loading but then it crashes before completion.

I guess this is quite similar to the issues raised in this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!searchin/berkelium/oncrash/berkelium/HQ0vbr6hlE4/dUsSvy2MEUIJ

Which unfortunately does not propose any solution or workaround...

Any idea that could help?

      Luca

Ewen Cheslack-Postava

Apr 30, 2013, 2:14:15 PM4/30/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I can't reproduce this on Linux. I don't have a Windows box handy so I can't test there.

If you're using the pre-built Windows binaries, they're relatively out of date. But it could also just be an issue in the version of Chromium currently used in Berkelium, which is quite old.

Have you tried loading it with just the normal berkelium binary, which uses the regular Chrome interface? If it's crashing there as well, it's definitely a Chrome bug.

-Ewen

Luca Vezzadini

Apr 30, 2013, 5:02:24 PM4/30/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I've tried and everything works just fine with the berkelium exe. Not sure what might be the cause then.

Maybe the only solution is to wait for the next major update... I've seen another thread and it looks like somebody is working on that. I'd be glad to test :)

Thanks,

Luca
______________________________________
Luca Vezzadini - Kairos3D
www.kairos3d.it

From: Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ewe...@cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 11:14:15 -0700
Subject: Re: [Berkelium] Re: crash with embedded berkelium

Shen Hui

Apr 30, 2013, 6:40:28 PM4/30/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com

you may separate berkelium in another process.

Luca Vezzadini

May 2, 2013, 6:18:19 AM5/2/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
I think that Berkelium is by default in a separate project (and I even see many Berkelium exes started when I init it and create pages).

  luca

Luca Vezzadini R&D Team
Kairos3D Srl www.kairos3d.it

锟斤拷 2013-4-29 锟斤拷锟斤拷7:33锟斤拷"Luca Vezzadini" <luca.ve...@kairos3d.it> 写锟斤拷锟斤拷