Latest Windows binaries

Ronen Mizrahi

Mar 7, 2013, 11:21:56 PM3/7/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Since the Windows binaries on github are old, I was wondering if anyone has stable binaries they are able to share?

Thanks in advance!

Dennis Rieks

Mar 8, 2013, 3:52:48 AM3/8/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

this are the newest win32 binaries i know about:
http://berkelium.blao.de/2012-02-15/

- Dennis

2013/3/8 Ronen Mizrahi <ro...@tversity.com>:
> Since the Windows binaries on github are old, I was wondering if anyone has
> stable binaries they are able to share?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Ronen Mizrahi

Mar 8, 2013, 12:59:24 PM3/8/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com, denni...@googlemail.com
Thank you! I was wondering if there was anything more recent that someone can share?

Ronen Mizrahi

Jun 23, 2013, 1:30:54 AM6/23/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com, denni...@googlemail.com
I would like to do a build on Windows of latest Berkelium but unable to build Chromium. It seems like the instructions for building Chromium (at http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/build-instructions-windows) are new and do not apply to version 11. For example those instructions say that cygwin is optional yet the Chromium 11 project seem to run some scripts during build that rely on cygwin (e.g. by utilizing the command line tool cygpath). Does anyone have the correct instructions for building Chromium 11 on Windows?

Ewen Cheslack-Postava

Jun 24, 2013, 2:49:58 PM6/24/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com, denni...@googlemail.com
Best I have is this: https://gist.github.com/ewencp/1580251 but that also assumes you have Cygwin. Also, I'm not sure how complete it is, I can't remember whether I got it into a completely functional state, and I also recall that Chromium had some challenges in terms of getting the right set of developer tools/SDKs installed in the right order.

If the instructions page doesn't save history, maybe try the Internet Archive to see if you can get a version of instructions closer to Chromium 11.

-Ewen

Ronen Mizrahi

Jun 27, 2013, 9:27:50 PM6/27/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com, denni...@googlemail.com
Thanks. Do you know if it can be built with Visual Studio 2005? or is 2008 a must?

Ewen Cheslack-Postava

Jun 28, 2013, 2:43:35 AM6/28/13
to berk...@googlegroups.com, dennisrieks
Not certain, but I think 2008 is probably required.

-Ewen