Pi.BerkeleyLUG: This months meeting will piggyback on this Sundays regular Berkeley LUG meeting

tom r lopes

Feb 10, 2023, 7:18:44 PM2/10/23
to BerkeleyLUG
I'll be out of town next week (February 19th).

So we will have Pi at the Superb Owl meeting this Sunday the 12th.

This month I will be trying to get
"Generic USB Display" working on the Pi.
This is a way to turn another computer into a display. That is if that computer's USB can do device or gadget mode.
Like the Pi 4 and the Pi Zero.
I'm also wondering if any of my laptops can do it from the thunderbolt port.

See you there
Thomas

ace36

Feb 12, 2023, 10:53:40 AM2/12/23
to BerkeleyLUG
On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 4:18 PM tom r lopes <tomr...@gmail.com> wrote:
This month I will be trying to get "Generic USB Display" working on the Pi.
This is a way to turn another computer into a display. That is if that computer's USB can do device or gadget mode.
See you there
Thomas

Am planning to get to the coffeehouse after brunch -- hopefully ~12Noon? -- and stay there until sometime during the First Half of the Super Bowl (or until closing time.)
Was considering bringing along that Toshiba Satellite L305 laptop https://www.cnet.com/reviews/toshiba-satellite-l305-s5955-review/ mentioned in a previous posting and advertised at the BALUG HW list https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:offered_wanted_hardware_etc
But that Toshiba laptop together with its AC power adapter is too heavy to lug along together with an additional laptop am bringing along to the coffeehouse.

C U at SoDoI :-)
-Aaron
---