December meeting

tom r lopes

Dec 17, 2021, 11:40:01 PM12/17/21
to BerkeleyLUG
This Sunday December 19th from 11 am PDT till about 2ish.

Right now I don't know if there will be an in-person meeting.  I expect Cafe Blue Door
will be closed for the holidays.  I will go by and check tomorrow.

Check back Saturday about in person meetings.

On-line virtual meeting will be on Jitsi as before:

meet.jit.si/Pi.BerkeleyLUG  Dial-in: +1.512.647.1431 PIN: 3314 0912 09#

I'll probably still be trying batteries with the Pi Zero.  So last meeting I tried
powering the Zero with 3.3V and failed.  But I was using hdmi out and that requires
5V.  So I may try to power the Zero headless.

Anyways welcome to all and any projects you'd like to try.

Thomas

tom r lopes

Dec 18, 2021, 7:13:58 PM12/18/21
to BerkeleyLUG
Ok so I kinda messed up. I didn't get to Blue Door till about 345. It was closed but music was still playing. There is a holiday fair on Telegraph. So that should mean enough business.

So I will plan on in person at Blue Door and as alternate Cafe Strada indoor.

Stay tuned for update near 10 am Sunday.

So I have some 18650 battery holders and will see if the Zero can boot with that on the 3.3V rail.

Thomas

tom r lopes

Dec 19, 2021, 1:29:31 PM12/19/21
to BerkeleyLUG
Blue Door was definitely closed when I drove by.

I'm inside at Strada.

Thomas

Michael Paoli

Dec 19, 2021, 1:46:00 PM12/19/21
to BerkeleyLUG
Thanks for the update, I'll make my way to Strada
(will get there a wee bit late, though).