BerkeleyLUG meetup this Sunday 2022-05-22

goossbears

May 19, 2022, 12:23:25 PM5/19/22
to BerkeleyLUG
Hey all,
Timely reminder here of the second Berkeley Linux User Group meetup of the month; see the meetup schedule updates at https://berkeleylug.com/meetings provided courtesy of Michael P.
Both the virtual and the in-person physical meetups start at 11:00am PDT this Sunday, May 22nd and go to 2:00pm or however late people want to participate.

Info of virtual meetup thru Jit.si Meet ...
https://meet.jit.si/BerkeleyLUG
Dial-in: +1.512.647.1431 PIN: 1036 1972 20#

The in-person meetup is at Caffe Strada this Sunday (and possibly for the rest of the Spring+Summer?) as per the previous 'Cafe Strada @2300 Collge (x Bancroft)' posting.
Yep, address is 2300 College Ave Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 843-5282
Caffe Strada is a ways eastward uphill from Cafe Blue Door, and is close to the Southeast corner of the main Cal campus (see its OpenStreetMap.org geolocation map at https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/37.8691/-122.25484 )
+ Website at https://caffestrada.com/
+ Yelp writeup at https://www.yelp.com/biz/caffe-strada-berkeley

Hopefully see you there! :-)
-A

Michael Paoli

May 21, 2022, 12:45:26 PM5/21/22
to BerkeleyLUG, Rick Moen
Okay, so ...

Made the relevant physical location updates on
BerkeleyLUG.com:
https://berkeleylug.com/meetings/
https://berkeleylug.com/
https://Pi.BerkeleyLUG.com/
Also updated fair bit on:
Google Calendar: SF Bay Area Open Source/Linux Events:
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=caj9iea2ol69b7n2uqdek4ocso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles
... including also getting much of the Pi.BerkeleyLUG.com stuff in
there too - including historical

Also, I noticed yesterday, and may be worth checking out
for future consideration:
SODI COFFEE TASTING HOUSE
2438 DURANT AVE
Though hours posted on the door show 'em open 7 days a week,
those more "permanent" hours so marked on the door aren't
currently accurate.
However, there's a taped sign inside the door indicating they're
Open Su 10a-5p.
Looks like they probably have ample power in there - certainly
around perimeter seating. Also large table(s) towards center, but
don't know if those have power. Not sure the Wi-Fi situation.
It would be safe from rain and such. Not sure what they may offer
besides coffee - I've not actually been in the place yet.
And, close by available parking - it's under parking garage between
Durant and Channing. No clue how busy/full they'd be during Cal's
main academic year cycle with the students back/around, or what their
actual Summer hours may in fact be. Google thinks they're open daily,
but that's not currently accurate (I was by there yesterday and they were
very much closed during their more "permanent" looking hours sign on
the door). Well, maybe a place to at least peek at on way to/from
[Pi.]BerkeleyLUG.com meeting - as at least in theory they'd be open
then.

Michael Paoli

Jun 7, 2022, 12:42:43 AM6/7/22
to BerkeleyLUG, tom r lopes
Yup, ... I also visited Sodoi again today - spent several hours there.
Also remembered to check out the restroom situation (egad, the horrors
that were 85C).

So, yeah, we're a go for Sodoi for [Pi.]BerkeleyLUG.com meetings,
likely at least until Cal's Academic Fall term starts ... then we
may want to revisit the question (e.g. Sodoi might get crowded then).

In the meantime, I think we're reasonably set on venue - at least
for a while. I'll make any relevant adjustments on the web pages
(also including accessibility information - yes, Sodi is accessible,
and probably generally more accessible-friendly than Strada).