BerkeleyLUG meetup this Sunday 2021-11-14

goossbears

Nov 11, 2021, 1:32:28 PM11/11/21
to BerkeleyLUG
Hi all,
Timely reminder here of the first Berkeley Linux User Group meet of the month and the first one following this year's timechange to Pacific _Standard_ Time.
The virtual and in-person physical meetup start at 11:00am PST this Sunday, November 14th, and goes to 2:00pm or however late people want to participate.

Info of virtual meetup thru Jit.si Meet ...
https://meet.jit.si/BerkeleyLUG
Dial-in: +1.512.647.1431 PIN: 1036 1972 20#

As per https://berkeleylug.com/meetings/ , in-person meetups will now be at our pre-Pandemic location of Cafe Blue Door:
2244 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
1-510-898-1820

Cafe Blue Door is across from Cal's Edwards Stadium close to the Southwest corner of the main campus (see the cafe's OpenStreetMap.org location page at https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/517593873 ).
+ Writeup on Yelp is at https://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-blue-door-berkeley
+ Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/BerkeleyFloorCafe

Whether virtually or in-person, hope to hear (and/or see) you at the meetup!
-Aaron

tom r lopes

Nov 11, 2021, 1:57:13 PM11/11/21
to goossbears, BerkeleyLUG
I'll be there at Blue Door.
Try to remember to bring an extension cord. A Linux Tux squeeze toy will is the spot if Michael is not there with the sign.

And Aaron, the first Daily Cal link points to the wrong article. It is correct if you go by the text.
"This is a satirical article written purely for entertainment purposes."

Thomas

tom r lopes

Nov 14, 2021, 2:06:08 PM11/14/21
to goossbears, BerkeleyLUG
I am here at Blue Door Cafe.  Just me now.  And with Michael on-line.

I got power but forgot my headset so going chat-only on Jitsi.
Very quiet here with not even music playing, so don't want to disturb the studying.

thomas