Wordpress Installfest, Thursday, January 15th 6pm-9pm

Brian Tanaka

Jan 6, 2009, 5:34:41 PM1/6/09
to berkeley...@googlegroups.com
Berkeley Coworking and cog motive are hosting a WordPress installfest
on Thursday, January 15th. Join us to get your online publishing
platform installed, updated, and configured so you can share your
thoughts on politics, your industry, and what your cat is doing.

You should come to this if you: want to blog, want to learn a little
more about content management systems, want to get over your fear of
the "settings" panel, want to help others learn more about WordPress,
or want to hang out with people who are pretty cool.

We will be meeting from 6PM to 9PM at Berkeley Coworking. If you have
a laptop, bring it. Free wifi is provided on-site.

Berkeley Coworking is a coworking space with a great and diverse group
of tenants and regular drop-ins. Located near Ashby BART and Berkeley
Bowl, the only reason you have to not stop by is if you are allergic
to awesome. Learn all about us at http://berkeleycoworking.com.

cog motive is an art and technology collective that focuses on
creative expression and helping people over the digital divide. Web
comics, web design and development, content strategy, we have our
fingers in lots of pies. We love pies. Join the mayhem at
http://cogmotive.com.

WordPress is an open-source publishing platform, presented in many
flavors depending on a person's preferred level of tweakablity. We
will be going over the self-hosted version, which allows for a huge
number of plugins and themes. You can start studying now at
http://wordpress.org.

Warmly,
Maiki Interi and Brian Tanaka