Migration of Berkeley Unicyclists mailing list

Tom Holub

Jan 18, 2022, 4:19:54 PM1/18/22
to berkeley-u...@googlegroups.com
It is a testament to the longevity of this group that we are still using Mailman as our mailing list software. Mailman's last major revision was in 2012, and it really shows it. Most specifically, it has not kept up with modern anti-spam mail conventions, so the way it handles headers and addresses gets a lot of legit messages marked as spam, as we saw this weekend.

So, it's time. I've created a new Google Group, berkeley-u...@googlegroups.com, and moved over all of our existing subscribers. Things may look a little different but they should work better.

Messages sent to unicy...@berkeleyunicycling.org should get forwarded to the new list, but, because of these spam issues they may or may not get through.

Let me know if you notice any issues.

willy dommen

Jan 19, 2022, 11:27:16 PM1/19/22
to berkeley-u...@googlegroups.com, Tom Holub
Thank-you for continuing to keep the group alive.  It is much appreciated...

willy