Hello

Jesse Kellerman

Jun 5, 2013, 4:19:13 PM6/5/13
to berkeley-sc...@googlegroups.com
Hello--

I'm new to Berkeley, having moved here in January. I used to play at the La Jolla club and I'm looking to start playing again. Is this club active? If not, are there other clubs active in the East Bay?

Thank you very much. I hope to play some of you soon.

Jesse Kellerman

Jesse Day

Jun 5, 2013, 6:55:47 PM6/5/13
to berkeley-sc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jesse,

   My name's Jesse Day (another Jesse!) and I'm one of the directors for the Berkeley club...we're on what looks like a semi-permanent hiatus right now, but I think people are starting to be interested in meeting regularly again with Nationals coming up. In fact, thanks for the reminder. I should start talking to people more. There are five clubs that I can think of that meet in various locations around the Bay Area (San Francisco, an Oakland club, Mill Valley, Clayton and Palo Alto). The only one I can really tell you about is SF club #95 because that's the one I go to every week...we meet in the lobby of the Rincon Center every Tuesday from 5:30 to 9:30 or so. It's very convenient to BART, just a couple of minutes walk from Embarcadero station and only about a half-hour BART ride from Berkeley.

   Cheers,
   Jesse

Jesse Kellerman

Jesse Kellerman

Jun 5, 2013, 9:11:22 PM6/5/13
to berkeley-sc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jesse—

Thanks so much for the information. Should you decide to start up in Berkeley again, please let me know. (For what it's worth, weeknights after 6:30 are best for me.) In the meantime, I'll try to make it to San Francisco at some point in the near future. My wife actually works in that building, so maybe I can convince her to meet me there.

All best.

Jesse

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Berkeley Scrabble Club" group.

Mark Rinker

Jun 6, 2013, 6:05:36 PM6/6/13
to berkeley-sc...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jesse,

                Actually, I am not a scrabble player; I’d just been curious.  Could you please remove me from the email list?

                Thanks,

                Mark Rinker