Re: [Berkeley Lab WINDOW] Optics won't open from WINDOW

Robin Mitchell

Nov 20, 2020, 3:01:48 PM11/20/20
to Bill, Berkeley Lab WINDOW
When the program asks to browse to the Optics.exe file, you can find that file here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\LBNL\Optics6

image.png

When this file is selected, Optics will open.

Once you select that file, WINDOW will know where to find it in the future (the location is written to the w7.ini file).

Robin

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 11:55 AM Bill <hu...@smartglass.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am new to the WINDOW and Optics programs. I installed WINDOW 7.7 and Optics 6.0.
In WINDOW, when I click on Tools and then Optics, I get an error message: Can't locate Optics.exe. Please use the browser to locate it.
Does anyone know why it won't open?

Thanks.

Bill

--
You can view the WINDOW forum online at: http://windows.lbl.gov/software/WINDOW/forum
---

Robin Mitchell
Building Technology and Urban Systems Division
Energy Technologies Area
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory