Glass Layers not importing into Window 7.7 correctly

mmil...@salienteng.com

Dec 10, 2020, 1:44:27 PM12/10/20
to Berkeley Lab WINDOW
Hello,

I have created laminates in Optics6 and when I import the laminates into my Window 7.7.10 glazing library, the glazings import however the values under the columns Tsol to Tir are 0 values.

I had a collegue make the glazings and create a new window database and attempt to import them from there and it still will not import them with non zero values.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me

I have been able to import the glazing to Window 7.6 so this seems to be a but about window 7.7

Robin Mitchell

Dec 10, 2020, 4:41:29 PM12/10/20
to mmil...@salienteng.com, Berkeley Lab WINDOW
Can you zip up the Optics user database and email it to me (or send me a link to it) I will take a look and see if I can figure out what is going on.

my email address:  rdmit...@lbl.gov

Robin
  --
Robin Mitchell
Building Technology and Urban Systems Division

--
You can view the WINDOW forum online at: http://windows.lbl.gov/software/WINDOW/forum
---

char...@salienteng.com

Jan 13, 2021, 12:58:31 PM1/13/21
to Berkeley Lab WINDOW
Robin,

The original poster and I work together.  I believe we have found a work around.  The NFRC ID you assign the laminate when saving it in Optics needs to match the WINDOW ID for the new record when importing into WINDOW.  If these two values match, the data comes through.  If these two values do not match, the imported record in WINDOW has zero values.

Attached is a screen shot showing the first (failed) import under ID 40013 (which I subsequently renamed with DO NOT USE after the name, for my own purposes), and the second successful import under ID 40014.

I don't recall previous versions of WINDOW having this behaviour (v7.4 or v7.6).

Crystal
Optic import.PNG

Robin Mitchell

Jan 13, 2021, 4:11:17 PM1/13/21
to char...@salienteng.com, Berkeley Lab WINDOW
Is it possible to get a copy of the Optics User database that you are importing into WINDOW? Zip it up and if it is small enough you can email it; if it's too large, maybe you can send a link to the file?

Robin

Crystal Harpell

Jan 13, 2021, 4:37:14 PM1/13/21
to Robin Mitchell, Berkeley Lab WINDOW