std trnsys 18

Alex Moreno Bellostes

Mar 26, 2019, 8:20:29 AM3/26/19
to Berkeley Lab WINDOW
How i can add the std trnsys 18 in report

Alex Moreno Bellostes

Mar 26, 2019, 5:01:38 PM3/26/19
to Berkeley Lab WINDOW
hi i add the files that find in folder building of trnsys and i paste in folder of window standards, works well but don't appear  "generated with trnsys.std" and "Tvis_daylight" , still appear SC

rdmit...@lbl.gov

Mar 26, 2019, 8:55:30 PM3/26/19
to berkeley-...@googlegroups.com
I do not understand what you are trying to do. Can you be more explicit about what you are trying to do with WINDOW? WINDOW doesn't read TRNSYS files, but my understanding is that some people take output from WINDOW and put it into TRNSYS input.

Meghana Kulhalli

Jul 21, 2020, 6:45:59 PM7/21/20
to Berkeley Lab WINDOW
Hi,

I also have the same issue, so I will try to give some more information.

In the context of using WINDOW glazing systems within TRNSYS, the WINDOW manual states that glazing systems calculated using different standard files are not permitted within the same zone in TRNSYS. I have a CFS that I have created using WINDOW 7.7 and trnBSDF with shading layers in different configurations into a *.dat file. Some other glazing systems (without shading, thus not a CFS) within the same zone on a different facade are reported as standard DOE-2 file format and appended in the existing TRNSYS *.dat file. This seems to be the cause of the error.

The manual states that the new trnsys18.std file adds some information to the file during/on export, which I have been unable to achieve, just as mentioned by Alex. The output example in the documentation includes "generated with trnsys18.std" along with a value for Tvis_daylight. In the original prgwin.dat file, all the pre-existing windows have this information, but the new glazing systems that we append to the library, by following the steps in the manual to add a new glazing system don't have the same 'text'.

I tried simply to add this text myself along with the Tvis_daylight values from the WINDOW calculation, but the error persists. Is there a different workflow to be followed to ensure the correct reporting of information?