Command line version: Perforated screen XML attributes

Samuel de Vries

Jun 18, 2020, 12:27:24 PM6/18/20
to Berkeley Lab WINDOW
Dear all,

I am trying to model a perforated screen using the command line interface. The manual doesn't mention anything about the perforated screen. I have already figured out that by setting the shade type to 6 in the XML file I can generate a perforated screen but I do not know what the correct xml attribute names are for each of its input parameters. Can anybody tell me what they are for perforated screen with square perforations?

I have tried using the names as they are displayed in the GUI (see below) but this doesn't work.

<ShadingLayer>
<ShadeLayer Id="80201" Name="shdLay_perforatedScreen_RsRvf80Tvf2Ef15Rvb55Tvb2Eb90" Type="6" ShadeMaterialId="80201" HoleArea="0.15" BSDFpath="" ConvectionFactor="0" />
<WovenShade Id="80201" Geometry="Square" x="3" Sx="2" Sy ="1"/>

Kind regards,

Samuel

Samuel de Vries

Jun 22, 2020, 5:48:31 AM6/22/20
to Berkeley Lab WINDOW
Some other things that I have tried already:
  • I see now that in the shading layer specification I accidentially wrote 'WovenShade'. I also tried changing this to 'PerforatedScreen' and 'Screen' but I wasn't succesfull with this either.
  • Looked into the Window Calc engine source code (from github) and looked up what the perforated screen input parameters are called there. I tried using these names for the xml attributes with no succes.
  • I suspect the xml attribute names that are expected by the command line version are described in a part of the source code that is not publically accessible.

Robin Mitchell

Jun 22, 2020, 4:45:27 PM6/22/20
to Samuel de Vries, Berkeley Lab WINDOW
I don't believe the command line supports modeling perforated screens.

Robin

--
You can view the WINDOW forum online at: http://windows.lbl.gov/software/WINDOW/forum
---

Robin Mitchell
Building Technology and Urban Systems Division
Energy Technologies Area
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory