Big Weekend in Benzie!

Jonathan Maue

Mar 18, 2011, 3:39:53 PM3/18/11
to benzie-gr...@googlegroups.com

Hey Fellow Benzie Grand Visionaries:

It’s a big weekend on tap in Benzie County!  I hope you read Jordan's email and are planning to attend the Water Festival this weekend!  The Friends of the Benzie Bus are extremely grateful for the Water Festival’s support and including our event within the Water Festival.  As a reminder, The Friends of the Benzie Bus are having a Benefit Concert and Silent Auction on Sunday from 3-6 p.m. at the Cabbage Shed in Elberta.  Ron Harrison and friends will be kicking things off and then Song of the Lakes will take the stage!  We are raising funds to support one of Benzie County's best reflections of the Grand Vision’s goals: the Benzie Bus, as we seek to secure a big YES vote in the May 3 election!

The Friends campaign is really gaining momentum and would welcome your participation as we come down the stretch for the May 3rd election.  We have recently updated our endorsers’ page www.BenzieBusYes.org/endorsements, and would love to add you or your business to the growing list of supporters.  We'll be at the Water Festival with support forms, bumper stickers, our new “Faces of Transit” brochure!  We'll also be handing out these items out at Sunday’s Benefit Concert and Silent Auction.

We are also soliciting Letters to the Editor that explain how Benzie Bus is making a difference in your life or the life of someone you know. For many people, Benzie Bus is a lifeline, carrying home-bound seniors and local residents to Traverse City for dialysis and cancer treatment. It's an economic engine, connecting employers to commuters and shoppers to local businesses. It's an investment in our quality of life that brings back more than $700,000 a year in state and local gasoline taxes and other funds, and saves families money.  You can download our helpful document on how to submit a Letter to the Editor here:  http://benziebusyes.org/files/FoBB-Letters%20to%20Editor-How%20to%20Submit.pdf. Thank you!

Hope to see you all this weekend!

Thanks,
Jon Maue
231.352.0060