Update On Our Situation

Modus Fox

Jul 28, 2012, 4:18:36 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks, I just got the news that the AMF lanes have closed down.

This is a big hit to our group, and I know it, but we will be looking at other options.

Today's meet will be, as you could guess, cancelled as we look for other venues.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please post them here.

We shall recover from this, all.

Blaidd Wolfe

Jul 28, 2012, 4:19:46 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
We could try that other alley again? :(

Jul 28, 2012, 4:21:40 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
That might be better than the other albany one. I remember it wasn't quite suiter friendly.

Jul 28, 2012, 4:22:53 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
I think the option a little bit north will be also very helpful for us Portland furs. Will ease the travel for us.

Sent from my iPhone

Dark Trooper

Jul 28, 2012, 4:25:09 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
Can someone get me the name of that alley near Salem we did that charity event for?

bm...@yahoo.com.mx

Jul 28, 2012, 4:28:14 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
It's Town and Country lanes.

Sent from my iPhone

chris cochran

Jul 28, 2012, 4:41:49 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com

Smurf has close ties with the owner of that alley. modus, you should give her a call if thats where you choose. Im sure she could help you.

Dark Trooper

Jul 28, 2012, 4:45:58 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
Will do. If you all could send me an email with the phone number, that would be awesome.

LittleDionysus

Jul 28, 2012, 4:50:47 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
Coming from a longtime bowling nerd and employee, AMF is historically brutal. Its a shame really, but kind of inevitable with their lack of business. Cut throats go along with knife-edged budgets and tight belts. Just one less place for me to work at, and another influx of desperate niche jobless. I support a Salem venue, not too many Eugene homies make the trip anymore with the rise of petty disputes and a need to save monies. No qualms against them, just fact that Corvallis, Salem, and Portland are now the core of group's attendees. I don't have the damnedest clue what is in Salem aside from that one gay bar, and a couple of bowling alleys. The alleys are always a good option, given the rooms usually available for fursuiters, the flexible pricing, and their usual lack of business gives us a good light. On the other hand, this is a great time to re-organize into a new type of venue. Mix it up a bit. We are given an opportunity to move for new things as a group, we should try to take it. As I'm ignorant on Salem, I've nothing to add, but do encourage others to throw all the ideas they have into the thread. Speak up!

Modus Fox

Jul 28, 2012, 4:52:09 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
Most definitely, I would love to hear more ideas!

Modus Fox

Jul 28, 2012, 5:15:01 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I am opening my place up for a small BBQ tonight, starting at 7:45 and with a movie at 8. Please contact me directly for address and directions, if you want to go. The movie will be selected here, but I personally want to see Blade Runner.

Sitku Kiwaku

Jul 28, 2012, 6:15:20 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
Most everyone has moved out from Eugene as it stands at this point, and
my personal reasoning for not attending the bowling meets for some time
was due to money constraints not drama/disputes. I do think the Salem
option is the best decision regardless if it pushes the venue even
further away from us, since it provides the best overall option for the
group as a hole.

James does have a point though, this is a good of time as any to throw
out other potential ideas if the group is looking for a chance of scenery.

~Sitku

Raidy Takashi

Jul 28, 2012, 6:16:51 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com

I think we should have a giant picnic or a potluck sometime! X3

lom...@wvi.com

Jul 28, 2012, 7:17:26 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com

Tried you on yim, address? Need anything food/drink? 5039834657
Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

Robert Knodel

Jul 29, 2012, 3:11:44 PM7/29/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
I like Raidy's idea, I think a pot luck picnic would be fun. I could also bring yard games and such for everyone to play if we had a big enough area

Chris the Stampede

Jul 31, 2012, 2:39:28 AM7/31/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
I'd be up for more potluck/picnic.movie type of events like last time.  Also, gaming night might be fun? I have a ridiculous library of ~1000 songs for Rock Band 3...