AMF Albany lanes permanently closed :(

Sumanitu

Jul 28, 2012, 12:15:54 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
I was through there yesterday and just verified it by phone today, Albany Lanes is permanently closed :(

Walter M.

Jul 28, 2012, 12:32:38 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
I hope we can get confirmation on this from others before us Portlanders make the trip for the meet tonight. Sad that this information is, I hope it's not true.
*** Willysilver *** Raccoon was going to bowl tonight... ***

bm...@yahoo.com.mx

Jul 28, 2012, 12:33:48 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
I just checked their website. Albany lanes is not listed in their locations anymore, it shows the Salem alley the closest one to Albany

Hornet

Sent from my iPhone

Walter M.

Jul 28, 2012, 12:35:54 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
Looks like I'll be stay home this eve.
*** Willysilver *** Raccoon is sad ***

Raidy Takashi

Jul 28, 2012, 1:08:30 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com

I just called and it's confirmed. :-(

Walter M.

Jul 28, 2012, 1:21:49 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
Same here. No more trips from Portland unless the group comes up with a new venue.
*** Willysilver *** Raccoon will be watching ***

Raidy Takashi

Jul 28, 2012, 1:24:30 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com

That's sad. We missed a lot of the past few bowling meets but I really liked that place.

Sitku Kiwaku

Jul 28, 2012, 1:44:24 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
Wow, what a bummer. Even looked like they were planning to remodel too =/

Sent from my handheld derp generator.

Howard Whitcomb

Jul 28, 2012, 1:49:49 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
Can someone contact Modus to get him to confirm this?  Or find another venue?

Gusty

Darkk D.R.

Jul 28, 2012, 1:59:47 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
I just contacted the bowling alley, and definitely confirmed just as others have done that Albany Lanes was surprised by AMF on Wednesday... told they no longer had jobs, and to clear out.  Albany Lanes will never open again even as an independent operation.
An alternate venue was suggested by the operator I spoke to:

Lakeshore Lanes
5432 Pacific Boulevard Southwest  Albany, OR 97321
(541) 926-4631

Perhaps Modus can contact them, and find out if they can accommodate.

-Darkk

Howard Whitcomb

Jul 28, 2012, 2:38:22 PM7/28/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
Man....how cold-blooded can you get (AMF).

:(
Message has been deleted

Sumanitu

Jul 29, 2012, 1:28:34 AM7/29/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if its the same bowling alley that we started our meets at, but if it is, that one was cool with us for the few times we went, but they had no headless lounge for us.

chris cochran

Jul 29, 2012, 3:31:25 AM7/29/12
to benton-cou...@googlegroups.com

The one in keizer had a full room for a headless lounge.