Fwd: Upcoming Gigs

devo...@aol.com

Feb 12, 2013, 6:10:27 PM2/12/13
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com

Subject: Upcoming Gigs

Hi, Wayne,

     Last year, the Benson Alumni Pep Band participated in the Kerns/Buckman Post-Cleanup celebration and Grieg Lodge's Syttende Mai celebration and both performances were very well-received.  So, I am pleased to inform you that the pep band is invited to play again at both events.

     This year, the Kerns/Buckman Neighborhood post clean up celebration will take place in the parking lot of Hinson Baptist Church, 1137 SE 20th Avenue, on Saturday, April 21st, starting at noon.  Aside from the location, the format is the same.

      This year, the Syttende Mai celebration will take place on Saturday, May 17th.  Like last year, the parade will start at 6:00 p.m. in front of Norse Hall, 111 NE 11th Avenue, proceed to Lloyd Center and then return to Norse Hall.  If the band participates in the parade, it will march behind the Benson banner, which will be carried by the cheerleaders.  In short, the format will be the same as last year's.

      I am happy to say that we are still supporting Benson and have started to sponsor the new Benson Chef's Club.  Since Carol became principal, communication is greatly improved and optimism is rising.  We'll save Benson yet!

Thanks, David

Jill Dawson-Pex

Feb 13, 2013, 10:54:43 AM2/13/13
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com
Sat, April 20 & Sat, May 18...
Poo! I already have plans.
Sorry

Jill

Sent from my iPhone

Josh Piper

Feb 14, 2013, 12:17:17 PM2/14/13
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com
I think David needs to confirm his dates.  Syttende Mai is always on May 17th (I think that's Norwegian for May 17th), which is a Friday.  If their parade is on Friday, I can probably make it.  If its on Saturday May 18th, I probably cannot make it.

Same story on the cleanup.  Like Jill said, the Saturday of that weekend is April 20th, not the 21st.  If the cleanup is on Saturday, I can probably make it.  If its on Sunday, I probably cannot make it.

-josh

devo...@aol.com

Feb 14, 2013, 11:55:46 PM2/14/13
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com

From: devo...@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 19:29:13 -0500

Howdy.  I forwarded this to the band folks, and they immediately corrected me on the days and dates.  Would you please double check your calendar, and let us know for sure what the correct dates and days are?

Thanks.
Wayne.

Jill Dawson-Pex

Feb 15, 2013, 10:44:25 AM2/15/13
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com, benson-al...@googlegroups.com
I can do Fri, May 17!
I'll still be in Ashland the weekend of April 20.

Jill

Sent from my iPhone