Pep Band, Next Rehearsals, and Music Charts

1 view

devo...@aol.com

Feb 28, 2020, 12:06:42 PM2/28/20
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com
Howdy all.

First, it's been indicated that some folks are not receiving these googlegroups messages, so I've Bcc'd a couple folks to make sure they're receiving this information.  Please, everybody respond that you're receiving this.

The time is getting close.  We have had two rehearsals.  We will have two more rehearsals in March.
March 12 and March 26, 7 PM at Marie's house, (thanks Marie),
4319 SE Ramona St.
Portland.

Since the demise of the Pep Band some years ago, we have lost some charts.  I have found the music books available online, and have purchased replacements for the missing parts.  I think at this point, we'll stick to playing just some selections from this one book in addition to the Benson Fight Song and  Louie Louie, the arrangement we've used in the past.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all, and I'm excited to play the Tech Show once again.

Wayne De Vore.

Tech Show turns 100! – Thursday and Friday, April 16 and 17, 2020, from 6:00-9:00 p.m. Stop by the BPHSAA-sponsored “alumni room” in the Old Gym. Stay tuned for more information about this Centennial milestone!

Maj Britt Baker Family

Feb 28, 2020, 12:09:22 PM2/28/20
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com
I am receiving it!

Max

Feb 28, 2020, 12:55:35 PM2/28/20
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com
Student Kai Ortiz is receiving these emails but has not been able to attend any practices.  Is there any music sheets for his sax someone can send via email or leave at the school offic e for him.
please thank you

devo...@aol.com

Feb 28, 2020, 2:12:42 PM2/28/20
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com
I could do that.  Which sax part?

Feb 28, 2020, 3:24:16 PM2/28/20
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com
Got it.  I can make it to the 12th.

Irene Ortiz

Feb 28, 2020, 3:42:09 PM2/28/20
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com
alto sax e flat

David Warberg

Feb 28, 2020, 4:11:40 PM2/28/20
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com
Confirmed.

Dave

devo...@aol.com

Mar 12, 2020, 10:05:05 AM3/12/20
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com, devo...@aol.com
Reminder...Hope to see you at rehearsal.
March 12th and March 26th.

Howdy all.

devo...@aol.com

Mar 12, 2020, 5:37:55 PM3/12/20
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com
I have received correspondence from multiple band members concerning the curtailment of Portland Public Schools activities the next 30 days.  Although the Tech Show is beyond this window, it is very possible the curtailment(s) could be extended and include the Tech Show.

With this in mind, how would we all feel if we postponed the rehearsal tonight, March 12th, and see how this all pans out for a subsequent rehearsal on March 26th, and even another in April?  By then, we should have a better feel on how this Corona Virus will impact the Tech Show.

Please keep tuned in...

Wayne.

devo...@aol.com

Mar 12, 2020, 6:25:29 PM3/12/20
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com
Okay.  Looks like we're still on for rehearsal tonight,
Mar 12th.

devo...@aol.com

Mar 18, 2020, 12:24:19 PM3/18/20
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com
Good morning.

With the information I've received, it is time to

cancel future rehearsals for, and the performance in the 2020 Benson Tech Show.

Thank you all for your interest and support.

Wayne De Vore
Alumni Pep Band

Maj Britt Baker Family

Mar 18, 2020, 12:55:27 PM3/18/20
to benson-al...@googlegroups.com
Wayne, thanks so much for your hard work on this! And thanks to everyone that has put in effort.
I'm bummed I didn't get to make any of the rehearsals, and very bummed about Tech Show.

Right now in the UK they are not sure kids will return to school in August, so I think we'll see 'no school or gatherings' extended here as well, and possibly no travel over the summer.

Love to everyone during these difficult times.

Max