Fwd: [Fwd: Summer School on Complex Systems (fwd)]

1 view

levent sagun

Feb 2, 2011, 6:56:10 PM2/2/11
to benmatema...@googlegroups.com
selamlar,
ilginc gorunuyor. burs veriyorlar mi bakmadim daha.
levent

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 17:04:53 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Summer School on Complex Systems (fwd)

Ilgilenenler olabilir?

AE

Date: June 19, 2011  |  Location: MIT, Cambridge, MA

This course introduces computer programming in the Python language for
those with little or no computer programming experience. It is designed
as a precursor to CX202.

The course will present programming concepts and hands-on exercises.
Topics to be covered include: data structures, algorithms, variables and
assignments, numerical and logical operations, lists and dictionaries,
user-defined functions, flow control, loops, and visualization.

www.necsi.edu/education/school.html?action=lab

   WEEK TWO

 CX202: Complex Systems Modeling and Networks

Dates: June 20-24, 2011  |  Location: MIT, Cambridge, MA

This course provides (a) an introduction to building models of complex
systems (physical, biological, social and engineered), and (b) the study
of networks, including topologies and dynamics of real world networks.

The course will cover the basic construction and analysis of models
including identifying what is to be modeled, constructing a mathematical
representation, analysis tools and implementing and simulating the model
in a computer program. Particular attention will be paid to choosing the
right level of detail for the model, testing its robustness, and
discussing which questions a given model can or cannot answer.

The study of networks will introduce the use of network topologies and
the characterization of networks describing complex systems, including
such concepts as small worlds, degree distribution, diameter, clustering
coefficient, modules, and motifs. Different types of network topologies
and network behaviors that model aspects of real complex systems will be
described including: modular, sparse, random, scale-free, influence,
transport, transformation, and structure.

NOTE: Students without a background in programming are strongly
recommended to attend CX102: Computer Programming and Complex Systems in
conjunction with CX202.

www.necsi.edu/education/school.html?action=wk2

 Comments from past students

"Excellent course...useful thematic overview... applications in diverse
contexts were exciting. Particularly appreciated the group project -
excellent experiential pedagogy."

"The course was an eye-opening framework to analyze my work through a
different lens."

"Presentations were extremely useful for me in understanding how to begin
modeling complex systems and assessing them. Helped me understand a lot
of things I have been doing so far without clearly understanding the
principles."

"This class very much stretched my mind to apply the ideas of complexity
to the world... I believe I learned more on a grander scale... will help
enrich my vocabulary and the way of thinking in the world with respect to
complexity."

"Excellent class. I hope to take a more active role in the community."

"The NECSI 2011 Winter session provided me with a clear framework for
current complex systems research and provided pathways for potential
future research."

"This course contained more insight than any other 'complexity' themed
course that I have taken."

For more information and registration:
www.necsi.edu/education/school.html

Yaneer Bar-Yam President New England Complex Systems Institute
http://necsi.edu

New England Complex Systems Institute

cx-...@necsi.org If you prefer not to receive messages about this and
future programs please let us know by sending an email to:
cx-we...@necsi.org. If this does not work send an e-mail to:
com...@necsi.org

New England Complex Systems Institute 238 Main Street Suite 319
Cambridge, MA 02142 Phone: 617-547-4100 Fax: 617-661-7711

----------------- complex-an...@necsi.org If you prefer not to
receive messages about this and future programs please let us know by
sending an email to complex-anno...@necsi.org. If this does not
work send an e-mail to: com...@necsi.org ----------------- New England
Complex Systems Institute 238 Main Street Bldg. E-48, Suite 319
Cambridge, MA 02142 TEL: 617-547-4100

E. Mehmet Kıral

Feb 2, 2011, 10:28:56 PM2/2/11
to benmatema...@googlegroups.com
Bizim buralar la oralar. Hatta daha cok alpin oralar. (alpin ilac ismi gibi oldu)

2011/2/2 levent sagun <leven...@gmail.com>

--
Bu e-postayı Google Grupları'ndaki "benmatematikgordum" adlı gruba abone olduğunuz için aldınız.
Bu gruba kayıt göndermek için benmatema...@googlegroups.com adresine e-posta gönderin.

--
Eren Mehmet Kıral

Levent Sagun

Feb 2, 2011, 10:48:47 PM2/2/11
to benmatema...@googlegroups.com
Evet evet. Gidilirse görüşmece de olur.

Ayrica Mehmet, o kadar yol gittikten sonra alple sizin ora aynı gelir yahu. :)