Re: {Beneteau Owners} Re: Careful ---- Has anyone had to tighten lifeline stanchions from below...?

b3...@comcast.net

May 7, 2007, 11:36:43 AM5/7/07
to Benetea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Robert.  Fortunately I didn't go running around with the socket wrench this weekend!

I don't have any leaks, but a couple of the stanchions are a little "wiggly", so I assumed I should tighten them up.  Is it normal for them to have a little wiggle?

From: Robert Lucchetti <rvluc...@yahoo.com>
Erik/Roger:

If the base is loose then most likely you have a leak which needs to be addressed. Look for leaks, water stain marks, rust on washers etc.

 If the base is not loose, be very careful not to go looking for something to tighten/over tighten. You run the risk of crushing the deck. The stanchion stud and corresponding nut are very capable of doing severe damage when you go after them with a socket wrench. I would guess that B has a torque spec for manufacturing assembly. You might ask B for the data. If you do so, please share with the group.

Bob L
oc321/L:atitudes/Chicago

b3...@comcast.net wrote:
Hi Roger,

I was going through some old email I saved from the group and came across this.  I'm curious how you solved this?  I'm getting my 311 ready for the summer and tightening up the stanchions is on the list...

Thanks,
Erik

From: "Incorrigible" <rabeta...@bellsouth.net>

> Looking for any tips or tricks on how to get at the tightening bolts
> for the lifeline stanchions that are aligned with the cabinets of the
> berths. In my 311 both fore and aft the thru bolts for the stanchions
> for the port side happen to be directly above the center of the
> cabinets in both the fore and aft cabins. Got to the other loose ones
> with a 7/8 inch socket.
>
> Any suggestion/ ideas for those who have figure this one out already
> appreciated.
>
> Roger
> Incorrigible
> miami, florida

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.