Electrical Issues

ANDY LIFLAND

May 9, 2021, 3:49:41 PM5/9/21
to benete...@googlegroups.com
I have two issues that I need your input on. My conversion kit from icebox to refrigerator only stays on and cools properly when in DC mode. It uses a switch to know when shore power is plugged in. In AC mode, it stays on for a minute, shuts off, then comes right back on. It’s not on long enough to begin cooling. It doesn't trip the breaker, which I already replaced.

Secondly, all three GFI outlets stopped working. Neither TEST nor RESET stays in with the breaker on or off.

I'll appreciate any thoughts you have. Thanks.

Andy L

Sent from my iPhone

sven finnis

May 9, 2021, 4:41:50 PM5/9/21
to benete...@googlegroups.com
For the GFI, either theres a ground fault on your shore power. have you tried plugging your shore power into another outlet ? Does the "reverse polarity" light come on also ? Or it could just be one bad gfi breaker - they do go bad.

I wonder if both your issues are related ? have you put a volt meter on your ac supply to the fridge to see how many volts you have ?

On my 281, the previous owner had made at least one ac connection just by twisting wires together and putting tape over it. just a thought.

ANDY LIFLAND

May 9, 2021, 4:53:19 PM5/9/21
to benete...@googlegroups.com
Great ideas, Sven. I’ll check on it this week. Thanks!

Andy

Sent from my iPhone