2GM20F Low oil pressure alarm..

sven finnis

Jun 9, 2017, 9:15:09 AM6/9/17
to benete...@googlegroups.com
Posting this here also, I also posted on our facebook group/page..

So my oil pressure alarm has stopped working on my 2GM20F as of this week.. Anyone else had this issue? When I first turn the key, I usually here the low oil pressure beeper until the motor starts.. As of this week, there is no beep.. Im guessing the sender has failed, or a loose wire - but anyone else had this? I have not looked yet. Thanks!

Persistence (David)

Jun 10, 2017, 7:27:30 AM6/10/17
to Beneteau 281
We had a similar issue but it wasn't the sender, it was the "beeper". Maybe a silly question but does the low pressure LIGHT come on?

sven finnis

Jun 10, 2017, 8:53:28 AM6/10/17
to benete...@googlegroups.com
i'll have to look. the beeper works as the test switch makes it beep.. from what ive read, assuming the sender is good, the wire must be open circuit. ive never noticed an oil pressure light ..