New owner 1996 model

browe246

May 25, 2021, 9:42:48 PM5/25/21
to Beneteau 281
Hello to all,
  This boat sat next to my Hunter 26.5's yard space at our sailing club storage yard for the past three years because it's owner was in failing health.  Club members had been cleaning it up and preparing it for selling and I took the opportunity.  I was able to visit it frequently and work on it.  I changed the impeller and discovered four of the seven vanes were chewed up/or missing so I was apprehensive when the boat was finally lowered into the water and the motor started up.  Thankfully, it began tossing out water so at least the heat exchanger wasn't compromised.   However, after I lowered it far enough to take the pressure off the launching straps and checked the through hulls I discovered a dab of water at the depth sounder so I pulled the boat back out of the water and put it back on its trailer.  A week later we took the mast down and stored it on my Hunter's trailer and I brought the boat home to work on it.

Persistence (David)

May 26, 2021, 7:21:30 AM5/26/21
to Beneteau 281
It may just be some old caulking that's dried out. Re-bed it and with luck you'll be away to the races!  Fingers crossed....