First Sail on New 343. Down Hudson and then up East River to CT ! We enjoyed the extra space but do miss the 281.

tim.canary

Jun 4, 2017, 6:10:54 PM6/4/17
to Beneteau 281

sven finnis

Jun 4, 2017, 6:13:59 PM6/4/17
to benete...@googlegroups.com

On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 6:10 PM tim.canary <tim.c...@goodoldsailor.com> wrote:

very nice !! we would love to trade up someday.. and as much as i dislike roller reefed mains, we'd probably raise the sail a lot more often on marginal days..

Persistence (David)

Jun 5, 2017, 4:02:42 PM6/5/17
to Beneteau 281
Looks great Tim!  That looks like radar on the mast - yes?    It certainly looks very clean.

We motor sailed Persistence from Sarnia, Ontario to Bayfield, Ontario to her new berth where we have a cottage (new to us).  She will be about a 5 minute drive to the marina - tops, so we hope to be out more often on weekends.  She lay about 1.25 hours away from out home until now.

The sail was a distance of about 55Nm and covered a section of the lower South Eastern portion of Lake Huron.  We were extremely fortunate to have a calm trip and even able to get up to just shy of 6knots running at 2200 RPM with about 5 knots of wind just off the port bow.  It's close to a 12 hour trip but the little Yanmar 2GM20F performed absolutely flawlessly, never missing a beat!  Not bad for almost a 22 year old (built in late 1995 as a 1996 model). It's amazing what TLC can do.

Enjoy the 343 Tim!

Cheers.

Al

Jun 17, 2017, 7:26:41 PM6/17/17
to Beneteau 281
Tim - I'm in the market for moving up too - I'm looking at the Oc 343 and the Oc 361. How did you find the sailing performance on the 343 and what did you think about the in-mast sail / shape for the main ?

An insight you can provide would be helpful, thank you !

Persistence (David)

Jan 29, 2018, 8:24:40 AM1/29/18
to Beneteau 281
Thank you for the photo Tim.  Your new boat looks great!