Sliding hatch removal

Brian Fisher

May 8, 2021, 9:03:29 AM5/8/21
to Beneteau 281
Hi,

Has anyone ever removed the sliding hatch for maintenance on their 281? It seems like it should be a straightforward process, but I can’t see how it’s accomplished.

Regards,

Brian

sven finnis

May 8, 2021, 9:31:27 AM5/8/21
to benete...@googlegroups.com
I think you have to remove the teak plugs in the hand rails and remove the handrails. You’d need some new teak plugs when you reinstall. Have not done this job, so that’s my guess.

Brian Fisher

May 8, 2021, 1:27:41 PM5/8/21
to benete...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sven,

Going to the boat tomorrow and will have another look. The work I had in mind doesn’t warrant removing the handrails though. Thanks for your help.

Brian

Brian Fisher

May 9, 2021, 4:06:48 PM5/9/21
to benete...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sven.

You are correct, the handrails have to come off. My little project doesn’t warrant that much work.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,

Brian