New Bottom Paint

tim.canary

Sep 30, 2015, 8:19:25 PM9/30/15
to Beneteau 281

Hauled out at the end of August as I'm leaving in for the winter again.  I used Hydrocoat (again) as it worked very well for me last time.  "About Time" looks nice and shiny !

tim.canary

Sep 30, 2015, 8:20:52 PM9/30/15
to Beneteau 281
I should have added - my waste discharge valve was shot.  we replaced that too as it was leaking.  I have it closed and capped off inside as i removed the Y diverter and simplified my head install earlier this season.

Persistence (David)

Oct 22, 2015, 7:38:21 AM10/22/15
to Beneteau 281
Nice Photo Tim.

Would you have another photo (or photos) showing your Bimini top?  We're looking at adding one on Persistence.

tim.canary

Oct 22, 2015, 4:57:18 PM10/22/15
to Beneteau 281

David,
Not a great shot of the bimini, but you can see it better from this angle. Hope this helps.

Sven Finnis

Oct 22, 2015, 7:07:23 PM10/22/15
to benete...@googlegroups.com
image1.JPG

Sent from my iPhone

Persistence (David)

Sep 22, 2016, 8:54:13 AM9/22/16
to Beneteau 281
Hi Tim,

We looked at your Bimini and decided that it was a good addition.  The photo attached shows the frame up prior to the canvas being put on.  Thanks for your photos as it was easier to work with the fabricator when we could show photos of what we were looking for.  Too bad it has to be put away soon......(4 or 5 weeks).

On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 8:19:25 PM UTC-4, tim.canary wrote:
Persistence July 2016.jpg

tim.canary

Sep 24, 2016, 4:52:48 PM9/24/16
to Beneteau 281
WOW !  Persistence looks great !  Much cleaner than i've been able to get my 281 due to the Previous Owner's neglect.  The bimini looks really nice and higher than mine which i think was a good move.

I'd love to see more detail on your traveller mounting as well as the dodger.  I do not yet have a traveller but would like one very much as the original rig is less than adequate for my needs.

Thanks for sharing.

Persistence (David)

Sep 25, 2016, 8:07:27 AM9/25/16
to Beneteau 281
Unfortunately we're actually looking to start preparing for haul-out, but I'll be sure to get you photos before the spray hood gets removed. The owner before us did a great job on the hood. It's nice and high as well with leather wrapped grab rail towards the stern. What the photos won't show well is that the windows are a semi rigid plexiglass. The fella that did the Bimini was genuinely impressed.

You are right on the height. With the cockpit a little "cozy" on the 281 my wife and I routinely step on the seating to change positions at the helm so it had to be height enough that we both could move switch positions under the Bimini without having to move into a full 90 degree bend!

Edwin Johnson

Sep 25, 2016, 9:08:28 AM9/25/16
to benete...@googlegroups.com
I have all the parts for a traveller that I have not installed. We have a tiller so it is not as essential. I  may be willing to sell it to someone...
Ed

Alisdair Sewell

Sep 25, 2016, 9:27:27 AM9/25/16
to benete...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide some pics and a price? I'd be interested.

Thks. Al.

Sent from my iPhone

Alisdair Sewell

Oct 9, 2016, 7:42:43 PM10/9/16
to benete...@googlegroups.com
Hey there - just following up on this?

Thks, Al.

Sent from my iPhone

Edwin Johnson

Oct 10, 2016, 12:36:31 PM10/10/16
to benete...@googlegroups.com, edwin....@ki.se
Sorry for the delay! I was thinking on how to get it to you sonce we are in Sweden, but since i very likely will not use it most likely will be selling our 281. I have all of the original harken parts unused. I will dig up the original invoice and we can come up with a price we both agree on.
Please use my work email that i check more regularly: edwin....@ki.se.
BTW my step son is named Alasdair, his father is from Glasgow...
Best regards,
Ed

Persistence (David)

Oct 11, 2016, 12:12:24 PM10/11/16
to Beneteau 281
My apologies Tim - I said that I would post photos of the traveller as well the companionway cover / dodger.  Here they are.  As of this past Sunday the Bimini and dodger are both off now and Persistence gets lifted out on the 18th, bottom washed off and set onto her cradle waiting to be wrapped for the winter season. Sadly 2016 is at an end for us.
IMG_20161002_121015_hdr.jpg
IMG_20161002_121033_hdr.jpg
IMG_20161002_121051_hdr.jpg
IMG_20161002_121253.jpg