Electrical panel

Bruce Rowe

Feb 16, 2022, 12:39:06 PM2/16/22
to Beneteau 281
I noticed from the pictures that I am not alone in having high water marks in the trough under the electrical panel.  Does anyone know where that water is coming from?  Is it from the window or the genoa track?

Persistence (David)

Feb 18, 2022, 10:45:40 AM2/18/22
to Beneteau 281
We actually found water coming in from the safety railing stantion just back from the electrical (on the outside) towards the helm and had to rebed/silicone the stantion.  Seems to have done the trick.  If you put your hand up under the inside cabin combing you might be able to feel moisture.  Just a thought.  Tracking water intrusion is a massive headache at the best of times.  We finally found it by literally running a hose with some pressure onto the side decks / cabin top.

Bruce Rowe

Feb 26, 2022, 6:29:41 PM2/26/22
to Beneteau 281
I pulled all four of the stanchions and cleaned them and their bases and the deck before re-bedding them with butyl.  Have to wait and see if it was successful.