water under the floor

Laurus Keijzer

Mar 15, 2021, 4:32:19 PM3/15/21
to Beneteau 281
Hello all!

I see there is water on the floor in mij 281. I have added a picture. Can anyone of you tell me if the  discharge pipes  look ok on my boat? Or anything else that may look strange?
Thank you in Advance
greetings from the Netherlands,

Laurus

vloer.png

Persistence (David)

Mar 16, 2021, 8:32:48 AM3/16/21
to Beneteau 281
We have a 281 and found a similar issue.

After much investigation in our case the leak originated at the bottom of the waste hose that leads up to the holding tank.  waste water (in our case antifreeze) just sits at the bottom of the hose - about 50 > 60cm worth of height before the diverter valve.  The original hose was old and cracked right at the bend.  All of the waste hoses have now been replaced with new flexible waste hose.    It's not a fun job....so I hope your leak is not coming from there.....

Persistence (David)

Mar 16, 2021, 8:34:56 AM3/16/21
to Beneteau 281
How we eventually found it was to run blue food dye through the head.  We used red for the fresh water and green food dye for the hot water.  Our leak was "blue".

sven finnis

Mar 16, 2021, 8:35:45 AM3/16/21
to benete...@googlegroups.com
Ingenious David !