O-Ring for Fuel/Water Deck Fills

Bene281

May 16, 2020, 6:57:26 AM5/16/20
to Beneteau 281
Hi - We need to replace the O-ring on the cap of the fuel deck-fill and the fresh water deck-fill. Does anybody have the correct dimensions (diameter etc.) for these O-rings, and maybe even an online source? Thanks!

sven finnis

May 16, 2020, 8:36:26 AM5/16/20
to benete...@googlegroups.com
They are a pretty standard cap. West Marine sells the cap and o ring. Good to have a spare one on the boat too, i once had the fuel dock guy drop mine overboard..

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 6:57 AM Bene281 <ke...@privweb.com> wrote:
Hi - We need to replace the O-ring on the cap of the fuel deck-fill and the fresh water deck-fill. Does anybody have the correct dimensions (diameter etc.) for these O-rings, and maybe even an online source? Thanks!

Bene281

May 16, 2020, 12:08:49 PM5/16/20
to Beneteau 281
Sven - Very good point on getting not only the O-rings, but also a spare cap. Cap diameter is one thing, what about thread pitch? Do you recall of you got the Perko ones from West Marine?  Might just get one and see if it fits, but in case you would recall... Thanks for always responding so quickly!!

On Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 8:36:26 AM UTC-4, Tradition (Sven) wrote:
They are a pretty standard cap. West Marine sells the cap and o ring. Good to have a spare one on the boat too, i once had the fuel dock guy drop mine overboard..
On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 6:57 AM Bene281 <ke...@privweb.com> wrote:
Hi - We need to replace the O-ring on the cap of the fuel deck-fill and the fresh water deck-fill. Does anybody have the correct dimensions (diameter etc.) for these O-rings, and maybe even an online source? Thanks!

Persistence (David)

May 18, 2020, 12:16:45 PM5/18/20
to Beneteau 281
We picked up replacement caps at WEST Marine as well.  I believe that they are "standard" marine fills (thread) if your boat was built in the USA.  If it is French built, I'm not sure...

David