Wench size

Wayne

May 10, 2017, 11:36:49 AM5/10/17
to Beneteau 281
What are the brand and size of the wenches used for the genoa? Mine were stolen off my boat. The thieves also took a couple of MPPT solar controllers, too. I seem to recall them being Lewmar 24s or something like that. Any information would be great.

Wayne

Bob Hughes

May 11, 2017, 8:26:10 AM5/11/17
to Beneteau 281
Mine are Lewmar 30 CST.  Sorry to hear about the theft.  That's really awful.

Bob Hughes

May 11, 2017, 8:28:01 AM5/11/17
to Beneteau 281
By the way - Defender has at least one "display model" on sale for $675 (gulp).

sven finnis

May 11, 2017, 8:57:48 AM5/11/17
to benete...@googlegroups.com
I agree, Lewmar 30.  I believe its the older model of the Lewmar Ocean Series, though the newer model disassembles for servicing without tools which is nice.. Self tailing, two speed.

Keep an eye out on ebay.. Maybe you can catch whoever stole them.. Its a pretty specialized item to resell.

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Wayne <wlg...@gmail.com> wrote:
What are the brand and size of the wenches used for the genoa?  Mine were stolen off my boat.  The thieves also took a couple of MPPT solar controllers, too.   I seem to recall them being Lewmar 24s or something like that.  Any information would be great.

Wayne

sven finnis

May 11, 2017, 10:44:55 AM5/11/17
to benete...@googlegroups.com
Wayne, it may be worth giving Bacon Sails in Annapolis a call. If you're not familiar with Bacon, its like the warehouse in raiders of the lost ark, full of used sails and boating stuff.. They may have used Lewmar 30's in stock. I can always run down there to take a look if they have any.. Just a thought.

-Sven

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Wayne <wlg...@gmail.com> wrote:
What are the brand and size of the wenches used for the genoa?  Mine were stolen off my boat.  The thieves also took a couple of MPPT solar controllers, too.   I seem to recall them being Lewmar 24s or something like that.  Any information would be great.

Wayne

Wayne Gott

May 11, 2017, 7:30:21 PM5/11/17
to benete...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sven, that would be great.  I've checked a few of the places around here and looked in and around various Craigslist area where sailboats may be.

sorry about the misspelling.  Why my iPhone would auto correct to wench vs winch boggles the mind.