Google Benchmark - security

Richard Haney

Jan 17, 2024, 7:46:13 AMJan 17
to benchmark-discuss
Good Morning,

I am fairly new to Google Benchmarks but so far am impressed with its feature sets. I would like to use this micro-benchmark suite within a secure code base, however I have some questions before I do.

Does Google Benchmarks report back any data from the code base that is using it, i.e., does Google or any other outside entity receive information about the code base being measured? Also, does anyone know of any agency that employs Google Benchmark where the code base being measured is to be kept private/secret ?

Thank you in advance for any information.

dom...@google.com

Jan 17, 2024, 7:47:36 AMJan 17
to benchmark-discuss
hello

no, nothing is sent to anywhere.  a cursory glance at the source should allow you to be convinced of that.

Google uses it internally on our entire private code-base, and i believe other companies do too.