I've created a small google benchmark history performance monitor utility

ben morris

Jan 11, 2021, 3:56:17 AM1/11/21
to benchmark-discuss
Hi, I've created a small utility that looks for step changes (slowdowns) in your google benchmark run history. It produces a report (index.html) containing a chart for each benchmark with a slowdown indicator indicating where a step-change (slowdown) in performance occurred. Simply accumulate your google benchmark run history and then run the benchmark_monitor_utility.  Apologies for the python code quality it's not my main language. Any PRs much appreciated.

Dominic Hamon

Jan 11, 2021, 4:15:44 AM1/11/21
to ben morris, benchmark-discuss
This is great!

It's something I've wanted for a long time: a way to create HTML reports from a set of JSON benchmark reports. I mentioned it here, and here, and here :)

Dominic Hamon | Google
There are no bad ideas; only good ideas that go horribly wrong.

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 8:56 AM 'ben morris' via benchmark-discuss <benchmar...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi, I've created a small utility that looks for step changes (slowdowns) in your google benchmark run history. It produces a report (index.html) containing a chart for each benchmark with a slowdown indicator indicating where a step-change (slowdown) in performance occurred. Simply accumulate your google benchmark run history and then run the benchmark_monitor_utility.  Apologies for the python code quality it's not my main language. Any PRs much appreciated.

ben morris

Jan 11, 2021, 3:56:20 PM1/11/21
to benchmark-discuss
Thanks Dominic :-) I've added a comment with a link to the repo in your linked open issue ( HTML based chart reporter · Issue #190 · google/benchmark (github.com) )