bug building on arm 64bit target

krom...@gmail.com

May 8, 2019, 4:39:25 PM5/8/19
to benchmark-discuss
Hi,

I am trying to build the benchmar on an armv8 64 bit target. However, the build assumes the target is a 32 bit build due to this in the conanfile.py

# See https://github.com/google/benchmark/pull/638 for Windows 32 build$
if self.settings.os != "Windows":
cmake.definitions["BENCHMARK_BUILD_32_BITS"] = "ON" if "64" not in str(self.settings.arch) else "OFF"

The condition there would only set BENCHMARK_BUILD_32_BITS to OFF if the arch contains '64'. This later in cmake results in -m32 options appended to the compile options and the 64 bit gcc does not support this flag.

I think it is a bug?

Regards,

Michal

Dominic Hamon

May 8, 2019, 5:09:24 PM5/8/19
to krom...@gmail.com, benchmark-discuss
Hi

I'm not up on the conan side of things but it certainly sounds like a bug. In the cmake version we just set it to off and allow the developer to override it[1].

Dominic Hamon | Google
There are no bad ideas; only good ideas that go horribly wrong.