Zmicier Wajciushkewich Denied UK Visa

Anglo-Belarusian Society

May 31, 2013, 6:51:55 AM5/31/13
to belo...@googlegroups.com
Dear members and friends of the Anglo-Belarusian Society,

We just learned that unfortunately Zmicier's visa application had been
refused. Although he kindly accepted our invitation, he will not be
able to meet with us tomorrow because of this. Zmicier explained that
the official reason was that the visa officer was not sure that he
would return to Belarus.

Instead of our meeting with Zmicier we will have a film screening, in
addition to the talk of Simon Lewis. We will propose several original
Belarusian films and the one which receives most of the votes will be
screened.

Yarik Kryvoi
Secretary of the Anglo-Belarusian Society

http://absociety.org.uk/2013/05/31/zmicier-wajciushkewich-and-simon-lewis-in-london-1-june-2013-2/