Is this a case of faulty DNS servers? or ?

1 view

Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

Apr 22, 2008, 10:19:02 PM4/22/08
This afternoon I was trying to read on the web (using SeaMonkey browser).
- I attempted to access //www.cis.org/... and the browser timed out with
a message that the site could not be found.
- I tried again and was able to connect and load the page.
- I clicked on an embedded link to another page on //www.cis.org/...
asking it to open in a new tab and was successful
- I clicked on an embedded link to a third page on //www.cis.org/...
to open in a new tab and it FAILED again saying that the site could
not be found. Retrying did not succeed.
- Attempting to PING the site failed in various ways:
-- Unable to find the site
-- Appeared to find the site because if gave the numeric address,
but timed out on all ping requests.
- TRACERT to the numeric address failed
This evening I retried reading the pages in question and had NO TROUBLE
reaching or loading the pages.

So is this an indication of a problem with the DNS servers?
I have the BS/ATT server defined as my primary server and
the local university's DNS server defined as my secondary.
--
Rostyk

Robert Miles

Apr 23, 2008, 12:50:27 AM4/23/08