trouble with wireless after switching to static IP's on a netopia...

Matt

Sep 24, 2008, 9:22:09 PM9/24/08
I just upgraded to static IP's on our Netopia 3347W-NWG006 and followed
AT&T's (BellSouth) instructions to the letter. Everything went smoothly and
any computer wired to the router as well as most other hardware works just
fine after the upgrade, but now all wireless computers are experiencing
major speed fluxuations as well as random disconnects. The odd thing is that
the router doesn't show any problems and its statistics show that everything
should be working fine. I'm not running out of static IP's either...

I'm also having some problems with a few IP security cameras... I have 5
total cameras and the first 2 were detected by the netopia and my computer
with no problems at all but the other 3 show activity on the camera and show
up in my switch as active but neither the router nor my computer can see
them... I'm not 100% sure this is being caused by the router just yet... but
I thought I'd throw this in just in case someone has had simular problems.