Re: AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

David Hopper

Jun 8, 2009, 6:47:56 PM6/8/09
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:00:00 EDT, <newsm...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
>offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to continue
>reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party vendors.

So does this mean my bill will go down a few bucks since I am losing
some services?

Yeah, right....

Bob Peters

Jun 8, 2009, 7:01:53 PM6/8/09

If you ask BS, they'll tell you that you're only paying for a raw IP
pipe and all of the other standard ISP services such as email and DNS
servers are free extras.

I've tried asking if that means that after I get fed up and take my
business elsewhere I could keep using their stuff. Beavis and Butthead
on the phone just sort of zone out on that one.

--
(If you want to email me, lose the pretenses.)

Don't settle for corporate values misrepresented as Christian values.
Join the Project for a New American Populist Movement.
http://www.populism.us

"Knee-jerk disdain of Government cannot rebuild our levees or fix our
schools."--President Obama