Does someone from BellSouth/AT&T monitor this group?

On the Road to Damascus

Apr 26, 2008, 4:48:56 AM4/26/08
Reason I ask is because my girlfriend called tech support yesterday
while I was out. (We've been having some modem sync issues.)

Some IDIOT she talked to logged into my router and set a static IP for
an account set up as dynamic.

Sure, I should have set a password, but the point is:

BellSouth does not support 3 party routers.

That router is private property and no one from BellSouth has the
right to change any settings in it

The internet, of course, was off until I got home and figured out what
had been done. Now I have to log into the modem and see what the idiot
did there...the internet light periodically turns red now which is
something I've never seen happen before. Doesn't interrupt the
connection though.

Oh, and they wanted to schedule an $80 visit
to check the inside wiring, despite 2 technicians having recently told
us there's nothing wrong inside the apartment. Fortunately my
girlfriend called back to cancel that.

I want blood. How can I reach an actual person with authority to deal
with this?

jen

Apr 26, 2008, 9:02:01 AM4/26/08
"On the Road to Damascus" <my.life.s...@REMOVETHISgmail.com> wrote
in message news:5aq514t5diuhl01fa...@4ax.com...

AFAIK, no one from AT&T/Southeast monitors this group.
One option is to call them and have it escalated. You also might want
to post on DSLR:
http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/ilec,bels
where it would more likely be seen by someone in authority at
AT&T/Southeast...

-jen