Getting the newsgroups.

Lee Murphy

Jul 23, 2008, 12:37:05 PM7/23/08
First off I am not trying to push or sell any thing just telling what I
did when Bellsouth cut the biggest part of what I used in the
newsgroups.
I saw some one had signed up with Altopia so I gave it a try. So far
everything is as it should be. Can't say any about how special it is I
am getting all the news groups or the ones I go to so I can see nothing
wrong, but would like to hear from any one else that has had to do as i
did and start from new with the news groups. What was your pick for a
news supplier and does it work. I pay &6.00 a month for unlimited
downloads but no more then I do I could very well live with a lot less.
Thank you.

DaveM

Jul 24, 2008, 8:15:28 AM7/24/08
Years ago I bought the Forte Agent E-Mail software and use it for all
my email and newsgroups. I have updated to all the latest versions.
When ATT&T cut the Newsgroups so drastically recently I signed onto
Forte Agent's APN Newsgroup service.
It costs $2.95 a month and the first 3-months are free - for
registered Agent Users.
I get 10-Gigs a month of downloads in that tier of service.
It is working very well and I no-doubt will stay with them after the
3-month trial period. I download some music but not much - so this is
working well.
Here's the Agent web address:
http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:37:05 -0500, Lee Murphy <murm...@mac.com>

Matt

Sep 24, 2008, 9:23:09 PM9/24/08

"Lee Murphy" <murm...@mac.com> wrote in message

Count yourself lucky... I have Comcast at home and they are completely
dropping all newsgroups at the first of October...