Consciousness references

Mark Hadley

May 5, 2022, 2:40:25 PM5/5/22
to Bell_quantum...@googlegroups.com
I have done some work on consciousness. Nothing to do with quantum theory.

I would caution against referring to it in the context of quantum theory. It's an almost meaningless term. Not so much that it's badly defined as that it is has totally different meanings to different people and in most cases nothing approaching a definition.

So if you want to use the word, think for a moment about how you would test for it. I'd love to know your answers

Cheers
Mark

GeraldoAlexandreBarbosa

May 5, 2022, 3:11:52 PM5/5/22
to Mark Hadley, Bell inequalities and quantum foundations

On Thu, May 5, 2022, 21:40 'Mark Hadley' via Bell inequalities and quantum foundations <Bell_quantum...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I have done some work on consciousness. Nothing to do with quantum theory.

Of course, it is not QM. However, both deal with
models and, moreover, with the fuzziness of the concept of reality. The idea of "models" may be the ultimate stage of knowledge.