Fwd: BikeMaine 2018 Registration Open; Free Advocacy Training; Meet Our New Executive Director

kw...@roadrunner.com

Sep 22, 2017, 1:04:47 PM9/22/17
to belfastbi...@googlegroups.com

Registration for BikeMaine 2018 Is Open Now!
BikeMaine 2017 was an amazing adventure, one that everyone who participated will not soon forget, and BikeMaine 2018 promises to be every bit as magnificent.

BikeMaine 2018 is headed to northern Maine to explore Acadia in the St. John Valley: La Terre Entre Deux, from Sept. 8 - 15, and registration is open now

BikeMaine 2018 is capped at 450 riders and registration is already filling up fast, so if riding what Bicycling Magazine called one of the country's Top 10 Centuries is something that's on your bucket list, sign up now.

Still on the fence? This BikeMaine 2017 recap video will show you why BikeMaine has become so highly anticipated among cyclists across the country.

Become An Advocate For Better Bicycling And Walking In Your Community On Nov. 9 In Farmington
Our innovative Community Spokes program, which trains people to be strong voices for better biking and walking in their communities, will hold its next training session on Nov. 9 in Farmington.

The Community Spokes
Participants at a recent Community Spokes training sessio
program is our effort to create a statewide network of bicycle and pedestrian advocates at the local level. We empower Mainers to become champions of better biking and walking through advocacy training, education, and ongoing technical support.

Community Spokes become leaders in their communities by undertaking projects that improve biking and walking conditions through infrastructure changes, education and programs, and policy changes.

If you'd like to learn more about how to become an advocate for better biking and walking, sign up here. The training session is free and open to anyone.
Meet Our New Executive Director At Flatbread In Portland On Tuesday, Sept. 26
Join Bicycle Coalition of Maine members, staff, and our new Executive Director John Williams at our 2017 Flatbread Benefit on Tuesday, September 26, from 5 pm 'til close!

We'll also be meeting up at the Back Cove Trail parking lot (across from Hannaford on Preble Street Extension) at 4:30 pm for a slow ride around Back Cove and the Eastern Prom, ending at Flatbread for dinner!

Flatbread will donate $3.50 from each large flatbread, and $1.75 from each small flatbread sold that night to the Bicycle Coalition of Maine. Dine in or take out -- you'll get a delicious meal AND support an organization you love! Pedal on over to Flatbread and support the Bicycle Coalition of Maine on September 26th!
What we're reading and watching
Communities will use the funding to support bicycling improvements.

Full coverage of the iconic event from Maine's NBC affiliate.

_________________________

eBikes: Ready Or Not, Here They Come
Love 'em or hate 'em, eBikes are winning converts and growing in popularity.

Orono

Upcoming Public Meetings

Hampden Town Office, 106 Western Ave, Hampden
Sept. 27, 6-8pm
A public meeting to discuss highway reconstruction and replacement of the Grist Mill Bridge on Route 1A.

York Public Library, 15 Long Sands Road, York
Sept. 28, 6-8pm
A public meeting to discuss replacement of the Cape Neddick Bridge on Route 1.

Belfast City Hall, 131 Church St., Belfast
Oct. 4, 6-8pm
A public meeting to discuss future improvements to the Goose River Bridge.

Make your voice heard! By participating in these events, you'll not only be supporting biking and walking initiatives throughout the state, but taking part in the democratic process and making a big difference.
STAY IN TOUCH
Like us on Facebook   Follow us on Twitter
PO Box 15272 Portland, ME - 207.623.4511
BICYCLE COALITION OF MAINE, PO Box 15272, Portland, ME 04112
Sent by na...@bikemaine.org in collaboration with
Constant Contact
BikeMaine 2018 Registration Open; Free Advocacy Training; Meet Our New Executive Director