Nottingham Hackspace 2.0 Big Open Day Event 29th May 2011

1 view

Dominic - Nottingham Hackspace

Apr 11, 2011, 7:00:02 PM4/11/11
to Belfast Hackspace Working Group
What: Open Day & Party
When - 29th May 2011 from 10am
Where - Nottingham Hackspace, Hopkinson Gallery Basement, 21 Station
Street Nottingham, NG1 3AJ

Dear Hackers

Nottingham Hackspace has recently been forced to find a new home... We
move into that home over the next couple of weeks. Time will be spent
making our new home all kinds of awesome.
The members of the Nottingham Hackspace would be delighted if you
could join them in a celebration of our new Hackspace, Nottingham
Hackspace 2.0

Rough plan of the day

08:00 to 11:00 - Makers set up (don't worry about being there on time
it's an informal thing)
10:00 - Doors open to the public
14:00 - Official Opening
16:00 - Doors close to the public
16:00:20 - PARTY
20:00 - 00:00 - stagger to the Station or homeward

Help Us By Exhibiting Your Project:
There will be an open day event where we'd like makers from other
Hackerspaces or from around the UK to help us demonstrate to the
public what a Hackerspace is. If you'd like to exhibit during our open
day please email Dominic notti...@gmail.com please do this before
the 1st May 2011. Makers will be able to set up in the Hopkinson
Gallery or in the Hackspace before doors open to the general public at
10:00am

Help Us By Visiting:
Alternatively we'd just enjoy your company! Perhaps you can talk to
members of the public about your project/Hackspace etc or just be
there as part of the scenery either way we'd like you to visit with
us!

Help Us Party
We'll either have a licensed bar or we'll do a sort of BYO booze (or
tea or whatever) we'll have a BBQ we'll be asking for a donation
towards the cost of food (as we are poor).

Transport
It is possible to park on Station Street for free on a Sunday but it
is very much first come first served. We'd encourage makers to drop
off kit early (you can drive right up to our roller shutter doors) and
then take the car away to park. We are 20 seconds walk from the
Station Street Tram (NET) Terminus and there are very extensive park
and ride facilities at Hucknall (for folk travelling from UP NORTH J27
M1) and Phoenix Park (for those from West Midlands & DOWN SOUTH J26
M1) We are literally a NERF dart shot from Nottingham Station (don't
ask how we know) and all the City Loop buses stop just about 40
seconds walk up the road.

Please do come and register your interest TODAY on our web pages
http://nottinghack.org.uk/?page_id=602

or have a look at the Wiki page for the event (not much on there yet)
http://wiki.nottinghack.org.uk/wiki/Big_Open_Day_Event_29th_May_2011

I look forward to seeing you at our party!

Dominic
Co-Founder Nottingham Hackspace
April 2011