Games writing/creating at Q-Con?

Glenn Davidson

May 16, 2011, 1:44:52 PM5/16/11
to belfast-hackspa...@googlegroups.com
I've been tossing around this idea for a few days now - possibly having a games creation workshop or some small (20 minute?) talks about game writing/design at Q-Con XVIII (http://www.q-con.org.uk) this year in June.

There may be a little space for it - if I can persuade the right people - and there has been some interest from local ARG/RPG writers and games companies in coming along (Black Helix, Wee Man Studios, Mantic Games, and someone from Dark Water will be along in various capacities).  The biggest problem is knowing how much of an audience there would be for a small stream running parallel to the main events, in order to make it worthwhile.  Would many of you be interested?

Alternatively, what would you like to see (as long as it's games/comics/anime-related, as that's the remit of the event)?

Thanks,
Glenn

Ryan Grieve

May 16, 2011, 2:36:05 PM5/16/11
to belfast-hackspa...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I'd definitely be keen to attend any events in that ilk.

Ryan

> --

Ryan Grieve
http://ryangrieve.com
----
R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R- | R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R- | R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R- | R-R-R-R-R-C-R-R-
B-B-S--S-SBBS--S | B-B-S--S-SBBS--S | B-B-S--S-SB---S- | -SBBS--S-SB---S-

Glenn Davidson

Jun 8, 2011, 11:43:48 AM6/8/11
to belfast-hackspa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

Sorry for the long delay - I've managed to work in a talks and panels stream for games design and art on the Saturday of Q-Con.  Still fleshing out the details, but if please pass this on to any people/forums you think might be interested - or throw me over details of any groups you think might be interested.

The details public at the moment are here:
http://www.q-con.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=159&Itemid=127

Thanks,
Glenn