Hack All The Spaces - Podcast

Dominic - Nottingham Hackspace

Nov 8, 2011, 7:36:35 PM11/8/11
to Belfast Hackspace Working Group
Well... You didn't ask but I made it anyway... here is the Hackspace
podcast. This is our first try and I promise it will get better. We'd
like content, questions and honest gritty feedback.

Thank you very much for listening in your right ear (because it's in
mono) we'd like some help with better kit if you have it. Kate and I
had great fun all the same and we'll be doing another episode very
soon.

http://hackallthespaces.jellycast.com/

Thanks!

Dominic & Kate

Andrew Bolster

Nov 8, 2011, 7:41:02 PM11/8/11
to belfast-hackspa...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for this, it's been loaded onto my 'bus' playlist. We've had some interesting developments in our effort to reach out to one of the local universities which hopefully means that things will be hotting up soon! Stay tuned.

Dan Reid

Nov 8, 2011, 7:41:59 PM11/8/11
to belfast-hackspa...@googlegroups.com
Did you say... all the spaces?

Dan

Andrew Bolster

Nov 8, 2011, 7:46:18 PM11/8/11
to belfast-hackspa...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if directed at me but, meh.

QUESTS (the QUB arm of the makerspace movement) has seen greatly increased interest since the start of the HeliESTS programme. When I'm more sober and cogent I'll throw up a post on http://quests.society.qub.ac.uk/.

Community building is going ahead very well, injecting some energy into the undergraduates.The QUESTS meetings are of course open to non-QUB folk. (Its just safer politically to operate under the QUB banner at the minute...)

Regards
Andrew Bolster

No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.I enjoy the massacre of ads. This sentence will slaughter ads without a messy bloodbath.

Philip Herron

Nov 8, 2011, 8:03:55 PM11/8/11
to belfast-hackspa...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good, this for some reason gives me the feeling i used to get when i first started listening to Lug Radio and Linux Outlaws podcasts. I meant to go to that last Quests i was talking to you about on FB, but something came up. Are you still having these meetings on a regular basis? Is it still open to people who just hack on their own projects, i feel my python front-end to gcc has started to finally feel like it does something cool but by no means even close or half way implementing full python. Might be nice to talk to like minded people about tech again to bounce ideas, i feel out of going to Blug for a while because of being busy but going to get back onto going again to redeem myself :).

--Phil

Andrew Bolster

Nov 9, 2011, 9:43:07 AM11/9/11
to belfast-hackspa...@googlegroups.com
In an effort to increase the community, we're working towards a specific large project (Helicopter based UAV). Follow the project on quests.society.qub.ac.uk

We'll still be running the 24hr events when DS run them, and anyone is more than welcome to come to the project meetings and the after-meeting drinks, which are tuesday evenings in the SU.