Need private code.google.com site

Ihab Awad

Jan 26, 2011, 1:01:37 PM1/26/11
to opensource...@google.com, belay-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

The Belay research team would like to have a private code.google.com site set up. We are not ready to release code yet, but we plan to do most/all of our work in the open as soon as we have a better story.

Since we intend for our code to be Open Source, and we don't have that much yet, we would like to choose a path such that all our work is Open Source *by default* rather than having to open-source an existing large body of work.

We prefer a Mercurial repo.

We would like to use the Apache license.

Could you advise us as to the next steps?

Ihab

Ihab Awad

Jan 26, 2011, 1:03:27 PM1/26/11
to opensource...@google.com, belay-r...@googlegroups.com
Also, could you folks please blow away the current project --

This uses an old name of the project ("Spindle") and uses SVN, which is not what we would like.

Ben Laurie and Ulfar Erlingsson are cc:'d on this email and are the current admins; they would be the right people to ask about whether it's ok to blow it away.

Thanks and cheers!

Ihab

Ihab Awad

Jan 26, 2011, 1:08:33 PM1/26/11
to Chris DiBona, opensource...@google.com, belay-r...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Chris DiBona <cdi...@google.com> wrote:
Have you gone through http://go/ossreleasing

Going through it now - thanks!

Ihab

Ben Laurie

Jan 31, 2011, 11:00:59 PM1/31/11
to belay-r...@googlegroups.com
Curious why you want a private repo?

Ihab Awad

Jan 31, 2011, 11:06:41 PM1/31/11
to belay-r...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Ben Laurie <be...@google.com> wrote:
Curious why you want a private repo?

mzero, in particular, wanted to have a period of respite before subjecting our work to the peanut gallery of the interwebs. I'm used to it, after working on Caja for so long, but private is ok with me.

Ihab

Ben Laurie

Jan 31, 2011, 11:09:04 PM1/31/11
to belay-r...@googlegroups.com
Obviously not a sustainable model unless he wants to start a new site each month - I guess we should discuss this in tomorrow's meeting.

Ihab Awad

Jan 31, 2011, 11:37:57 PM1/31/11
to belay-r...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Ben Laurie <be...@google.com> wrote:
Obviously not a sustainable model ...

I should clarify that I don't speak for mzero.... ;) Yes, we should ask him. As I said, I'm ok either way.

Ihab